United Theological College of the West Indies
The United Theological College of the West Indies (UTCWI) is an ecumenical seminary training male and female clergy for Protestant denominations throughout the Caribbean. The college was founded in 1965 and dedicated in 1966. It offers a DMin (Doctor or Ministry) degree and is affiliated with Columbia Theological Seminary in Georgia. The UTCWI is the most significant example of ecumenism in the Caribbean.
UTCWI is where students go for training in ministerial fields of study. Many students from different denominations come to study as well. It is supported and maintained by the participating churches of which all are indigenous. It receives no government subsidy. Its recurrent expenditure is met by the churches, contributions from overseas donors and by fees from independent students.
They offer eight programs between the two universities represented (three including Columbia University in Georgia). They are…
- Certificate in Ministerial Studies
- Diploma in Ministerial Studies
- Associate Degree in Ministerial Studies
- Master of Divinity - M. Div.
UTCWI AND UWI PROGRAMMES
- Bachelor of Arts Theology - B.A. Th.
- Bachelor of Arts Ministerial Studies - B.A. Min.
- Master of Arts Theology - M.A.
- Master of Philosophy - M. Phil.
- Doctor of Philosophy - Ph.D.
UTCWI / COLUMBIA THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY
- Doctor of Ministry - D. Min.
CENTRE FOR CONTINUING STUDIES
- Certificate Programs
- Mission Studies Certificate and Diploma Programs
- Diploma Programs