When was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you?" – Matthew 25:38
World Refugee Day - June 20, is a day to lift up refugees displaced by war, civil unrest and persecution, all of which tear away at the fabric of human community.
*New* Refugee Journey: Syria (2017)
Refugees Welcome Toolkit (2016)
This World Refugee Day explore the many ways your congregation or community can reach out to welcome the stranger by using the resources from Refugees Welcome.
- Take Action! Advocate to oppose anti-Refugee legislation in the U.S. Congress
- Bring attention to the issue of refugees. Plan a Refugees Welcome event at your church.
- Provide support to refugees around the world by giving generously to the One Great Hour of Sharing and Week of Compassion offerings. You can give through your local church or online.
Other World Refugee Day Resources
World Refugee Day Toolkit from Refugee Council USA
World Refugee Day Prayer from the Religious Action Center for Reform Judaism
World Refugee Day Toolkit and Prayer from United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB)
For more information:
- Church World Service
- Disciples of Christ Refugee & Immigration Ministries
- United Church of Christ
- Global Ministries information on Refugees and Migration
- Refugees Welcome Campaign
- Interfaith Immigration Coalition
- World Refugee Day - UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency
Mission Stories & Resources
- Sabeel Wave of Prayer: Week of Oct. 31, 2017
- Mediterranean Hope - Newsletter October 2017
- Shoulder to Shoulder: Raise your voice against the Muslim Ban
- Shoulder to Shoulder leaders speak out to welcome Muslims and refugees
- Reflections from Conference on Migration, Borders & Reception
- WCC NEWS: Conference explores Christian approach to borders
- Lampedusa: Living and witnessing the border
- Mediterranean Hope - Newsletter August 2017
- Week of Compassion: Syrian Children Back to School
- Young Men of Military Age