Living Water WorkshopMarch 9, 2006
Tod & Ana Gobledale - Australia
This workshop was used during the Churches of Christ Theological College faculty retreat in February 2006.
Living Water Workshop
Where do the “Living Waters” of renewal come from in your life?
Opening: Scripture: Read John 4: 7-11 “Where do you get that living water?” (11b)
5 minutes: Tape/CD of water sounds (Pour water into bowl)
Reflection: Where do I get that living water? Water is life in Australia & Africa.
Kuruman, “the Eye,” Robert Moffett’s mission – reflection
From where do the Living Waters of renewal come from in my life?
[on large papers write separately: Spiritual Life; Work; Play]
In my spiritual life?
In my work?
In my play?
15 Minutes Share in Groups of 4: Share from where our Living Waters of renewal come.
One focus at a time around the circle (of 4)
· First each person shares: “From where do the Living Waters of renewal come from in my spiritual life?” Living Waters of Renewal in my spiritual life come from.....
· Then share: “From where do the Living Waters of renewal come from in my work?” Living Waters of renewal in my work come from...
· Share: “From where do the Living Waters of renewal come from in my play?” Living Waters of renewal in my play come from....
Scripture: Read Revelation 22:17, “And let everyone who is thirsty come. Let anyone who wishes take the water of life as a gift.”
30 minutes Plenary:
This tradition comes from University Church in Chicago. At the end of summer holidays, when the church community is gathering to start off a new year, members bring vials and jars of water from summer travel destinations–near and far. The water is poured into a common bowl, which will be kept for baptisms during the year.
Today we share the water we’ve brought, as symbols of places that are special to us, places and experiences that provide, or have provided, us with the Living waters of renewal.
· Pour part (or all) of your water into the shared bowl.
· Share how the place or experience from which the water came (or represents) provides you with the water of life, the Living Waters of renewal..
Scripture: Read Revelation 21:6, “To the thirsty I will give water as a gift from the spring of the water of life.”
Prayer: Ask for someone to close this session with prayer.
Tod & Ana Gobledale
The Gobledales serve the Common Global Ministries Board at Churches of Christ Theological College (Seminary) in Australia. They are accompanied by their 16-year old son, Mandla, who attends Rowville Secondary College, the local high school. Their 19-year old daughter, Thandiwe, continues her university studies at Pomona College, in Claremont, California.
comments powered by Disqus