Job Opening: Program Associate, Global Ministries Office of Resource Development and Disciples Women’s Ministries
Common Global Ministries Board of the Division of Overseas Ministries, Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and the Wider Church Ministries, United Church of Christ
Position: Program Associate, Global Ministries Office of Resource Development and Disciples Women’s Ministries
Ministry team: Global Ministries – Indianapolis
Reports to: Executive, Resource Development
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana (Hybrid)
Applications due by: August 23
The Office of Resource Development works extensively with constituencies of the United Church of Christ and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) as well as closely with all Global Ministries programs and staff, in activities of fundraising and development to carry out fund-raising efforts. The office also nurtures relationships with donors to provide direct and planned gifts to the Division of Overseas Ministries (DOM) and Wider Church Ministries (WCM). Resource Development staff members fill a critical role of strategically managing donor campaigns and development activities to help the organization meet its revenue goals and access the resources necessary to fulfill its mission.
They accomplish this by initiating, nurturing, and maintaining relationships with current and potential individual, church-based, and other organizational donors. Additionally, they seek out donor prospects to develop relationships in such a way that strengthens the organizational donor base. Resource Development staff members develop new sources and modalities of giving to both Global Ministries and Disciples Women’s Ministries through nonconventional/innovative special giving opportunities, through social media, as well as coordinate with other Global Ministries programs in the development of multi-media materials and communications tools throughout the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), United Church of Christ, and constituency at large.
Primary Function of the Program Associate for Resource Development
Provides program support in Resource Development and Disciples Women’s Ministries and carries lead responsibility in certain selected functions or areas as designated by the Executives. Provides leadership in areas of website and social media development.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with the planning and execution of fundraising campaigns, events, and public programs, ensuring all necessary follow up and post-event reporting has been completed.
- Assists in the development of project/program funding proposals, reports, and communications.
- Assists with institutional and foundation fundraising efforts, including grant research and writing, maintaining a grants calendar, compiling reports, and preparing organizational documents for foundation submission, identifies and promotes new unconventional, and innovative fundraising strategies.
- Assists in relationship-building with current and potential donors, with emphases on a) responding to fundraising relationships with Disciples and UCC congregations, judicatories, and racial/ethnic constituency ministries and b) implementation of new approaches to fundraising for program and missionary support.
- Assists and, at times, takes leadership in the development of digital and print material for fundraising/development efforts to be used in Resource Development, other Global Ministries, and Disciples Women’s program activities.
- Coordinates social media strategies in consultation with the communication team and/or Executives.
- Supports database manager for the Raisers Edge and Giving Fuel, with capacity to run giving reports, manage data entry, etc. routinely. This includes ensuring that all necessary data for end of year reporting is readily available to Executives upon request.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Executives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform successfully in this position.
- The preferred candidate will have at least two years of experience in development or related field. The ideal candidate will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, be self-directed, and demonstrate a strong ability to work well with a wide range of individuals and groups. Proficiency with donor databases and websites is highly desirable. Applicants should possess the ability to exercise independent judgment and take initiative.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree.
- Demonstrated success in working in fundraising and donor development theory highly preferred.
- Background in development, fund-raising, and/or project interpretation.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and collegially as well as independently, exercising initiative with appropriate follow through.
- Positive attitude with the ability to handle a variety of issues and personalities with tact and courtesy.
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral English language skills.
- Knowledge of the structure and work of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and/or United Church of Christ and the work of Global Ministries.
- Experience in use of computer software.
- Knowledge of or strong willingness to learn Blackbaud Raisers Edge and Giving Fuel use a plus.
- Ability to work in a collegial, ecumenical, diverse team environment.
Applicants who receive a conditional offer for employment will be required to provide documentation or proof of vaccination status prior to first day of employment.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, and resume to: Viktoria Varnado- Wooten, Executive Assistant to the President at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 23, 2022.
The Division of Overseas Ministries is an equal opportunity employer.