Our Denominations' Interfaith Relations Pages
Disciples Multi-Faith Study module: "Disciples of Christ in A Multi-Faith World"
Christian Self-Understanding in Relation to Islam
“Breaking the Taboos of Interfaith Dialogue” video and blog
The Christian-Muslim Consultative Group
An Abrahamic Concordance on Forgiveness, by Rev. Joseph Wadsworth, Halifax Congregational Church [UCC], Halifax, MA
“Discover Islam” DVDs and Study Guide
Islam and Islamic Studies Resources
Christian-Muslim Talking Points
A Study Resource on Interreligious Relations for the United Church of Christ
Disciples of Christ and Interreligious Engagement
How to Host and Interfaith Iftar Party
In late 2007, 138 Muslim leaders from many parts of the world signed a letter addressed to the global Christian community. The letter is called A Common Word Between Us and You. Since its original release, more than 100 additional signatories have added their names. A significant initiative from the world's Muslim community, this letter represents an invitation to engage more deeply in peacemaking by two of the world's largest religious communities.
The United Church of Christ and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) have each responded to the signatories, some of whom are members of our partner, the Arab Group for Muslim-Christian Dialogue. In addition, the World Council of Churches has also sent a response to the signatories, as well as encouraging its member churches to engage the letter, and Muslim neighbors.
Interfaith relations is an increasingly prevalent reality in North America, and we can learn a great deal from our own experience and that of partners in the Middle East and throughout the world. Here in the U.S., the UCC and Disciples are actively engaged in interfaith dialogue, both with the Jewish and Muslim communities. Information and resources about these are available on the National Council of Churches Interfaith Relations page.
The below video by the UCC, Trading Places, shines a light on religious bigotry in a unique way—by depicting religious leaders of different faiths experiencing the power of walking in one another’s shoes – and into one another’s houses of worship. More information can be found here: http://tradingplacesucc.org/
Mission Stories & Resources
- NCC, MECC Urge End of Conflict, Protection of Minorities in Syria
- Sabeel Wave of Prayer: Week of August 5, 2019
- FDCD 2018 Annual Report now available
- Sabeel Wave of Prayer: Week of June 3, 2019
- The Federation of Civil Society Organizations in Kattankudy grieves with all of Sri Lanka
- Situation Update aftermath of suicide attack on Zion Church in Batticaloa, Sri Lanka
- US Council of Muslim Organizations (USCMO) Condemns the Terror Attack on Churches, Hotels in Sri Lanka
- 3rd Thursday Alert: Call on Congress to ensure access to places of worship in Jerusalem
- UCC Leaders: Mourning the massacre in New Zealand
- Sabeel's Cornerstone: "Staying in the Conversation"