JAI: Eye on Palestine--August 2014Written by the Joint Advocacy Initiative of the Palestinian YMCA and YWCA
September 2, 2014
The ceasefire has stopped and bombing has resumed by the Israeli army, with resistance from the Palestinian groups. The death toll is over 2,100 now. Violence also continues to escalate in the West Bank and East Jerusalem as the resistance to occupation grows stronger.
My plea to the people of Israel: Liberate yourselves by liberating Palestine
Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu, in an exclusive article for Haaretz, calls for a global boycott of Israel and urges Israelis and Palestinians to look beyond their leaders for a sustainable solution to the crisis in the Holy Land. Read more...
Unmasking a baseless Israel claim
The human shields' argument is not only designed to absolve Israel of responsibility, it deprives Palestinians of their humanity. Read more...
West Bank shops boycott Israel
Angry over the bombardment of Gaza, Palestinians in the West Bank are starting to shun Israeli goods. In the past, concerted efforts have been made to rid the Palestinian market of products originating in Jewish settlements built illegally in the occupied West Bank - but never goods made in Israel. Last week, large supermarket chains began to clear their shelves of Israeli products, promising customers they would replenish them with Palestinian or imported ones. Read more...
Report: EU won't import poultry from settlements
The restriction on such imports is in line with a footnote within the EU Guidelines that went into effect in January, restricting business and trade with Israeli entities located in the West Bank. Read more...
- YWCA of Palestine Action Alert: A Time of Reckoning
- World YWCA: War in Gaza Must End – A Call to Action
- Jewish, Christian, and Muslim leaders welcome Gaza cease fire, call for negotiations
- We Stopped Israel at the Port! - We Blocked the Boat!
- Israel boycott Gains Traction as Gaza Assault Continues (interview with Omar Baraghouti)
- UK government to block arms exports to Israel if military action resumes
- I boycott Israel
- Have I failed to acknowledge Palestinian violence?
comments powered by Disqus