World Week for Peace in Palestine Israel 2013Written by Rev. John Calhoun
September 6, 2013
During 22 - 28 September 2013, the Palestine Israel Ecumenical Forum (PIEF) of the World Council of Churches invites congregations, community groups, and individuals committed to justice and human rights to participate in World Week for Peace in Palestine Israel (WWPPI).
Over the last months, the WWPPI working group, along with partners worldwide, have been preparing resources for use in worship services, educational forums, and other events during the Week. These resources include:
- The Jerusalem Prayer from the Churches in Jerusalem
- The liturgy "Jerusalem, the City of Justice and Peace," written by Palestinian Christian laity and clergy for Sunday 22 September
- Proposed common action and advocacy for Sunday 22 September, based on the theme: "To pray, you need a military permit!"
- A resource on Jerusalem created by our international working group, with information, theological reflections, and advocacy suggestions for each day of the Week
- Testimonials from the Wall Museum near Rachel's Tomb, a project of the Sumud Story House of the Arab Educational Institute
- A policy paper on Jerusalem, published March 2013 by the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung office in East Jerusalem
These and other resources can be found on the Resources page of the World Week for Peace in Palestine Israel website. Please continue to refer to this site for additional updates through the end of the Week.
Please visit the online list of 2013 events to see what others are doing around the world during the Week.
Many thanks for your participation in World Week for Peace in Palestine Israel 2013.
comments powered by Disqus