Lectionary Text and Prayers for the Dominican Republic: John 21:1-19
Lord we are grateful your enduring love and forgiveness that we recognize during Easter. We too are like Peter and deny you through our actions and sins, but we know that with you there is hope. We see that Peter was given a second chance and we know that we always have a second chance to follow you and the direction in which you guide us. Give us the strength you gave Peter to go out into the world and be your witness of love and forgiveness. Renew us, strengthen us, and guide us. Help us to demonstrate the hope that you have shown and to be the change you want to see in this world.
We ask for prayers and give thanksgiving:
· For the Dominican Republic as they prepare to hold their congressional and local elections that they will start to elect leaders that are not corrupt but work toward improving the situations of the people, the education system and health care.
· We lift up our partners that have been working double to assist and provide aid for their brothers and sisters of Haiti affected by the earthquake. We recognize that historically, the relationship between Haiti and the Dominican Republic has been negative and harmful. We are thankful that the churches and partners can be a guiding example of love and compassion to their neighbors during their time of need. We pray that they continue to be an example for improving those relationships as the DR faces the challenge of addressing the larger numbers of Haitian immigrants.
· For Social Services of the Dominican Churches (SSID) and their Haitian-Dominican Dialogues and relief work to displaced peoples camps outside Port au Prince.
· For the children of Caminante whom are marginalized, oppressed and neglected, that they may experience your strength, love and hope.
· For the staff of Caminante in their education and prevention programs you will continue to guide and strengthen them in their work and ministry that they may continue to be examples of your love and hope.
(Prayer by Erin McKinney)
Global Ministries International Partners in the Dominican Republic:
- Acociacion Centro Cristiano de Asesoramiento Familiar (CECAF):
- Alfalit Dominicano:
- Iglesia Evangelica Dominicana:
- Proyecto Educativo Caminantes:
- Servicio Social de Iglesias Dominicanas, Inc. (SSID):
Global Ministries Missionary in the Dominican Republic:
Erin McKinney, a member of Hiram Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Hiram, Ohio, has been appointed to serve Caminante in Boca Chica. She works with children in Caminante's Outreach Ministry.