Global Ministries invites you to join the Southern Asia Initiative by participating in a People-to-People Pilgrimage to the countries of Indonesia and Thailand. This pilgrimage will take you through the cities of Bali and Yogyakarta in Indonesia and of Bangkok and Chiang Mai in Thailand to learn and build bridges of understanding and solidarity with sisters and brothers in that region. Participants will be exposed and immersed in the work of interfaith initiatives, HIV/AIDS education and prevention, women’s empowerment and development, migration, human trafficking, and theological education. The program will include worship at a local church, visits to partner organizations and their projects, cultural experiences, sightseeing, and more. Spaces are limited.
Deadline to Register is August 15, 2019. Submit your registration today!
$3,800 (double accommodation)
Registration and Payment:
August 15, 2019 – Deadline to submit Registration Form and $250 non-refundable deposit. Space will be secured once both the Registration Form and the deposit are received.
October 15, 2019 - $2,000 second installment
January 15, 2020 - $1,550 third and last installment
Forms of payment:
- Online - Click here to pay online. Write Pilgrimage to Indonesia and Thailand 2020 on the Designation Information section.
- Mail - Write a check payable to Global Ministries and mail to People-to-People Pilgrimages Attn: Lorna Hernandez, P.O. Box 1986, Indianapolis, IN 46206-1986.
- This program is fast-paced with a substantial amount of air and road travel. Participants should be in good health condition, able to walk at least a mile, and carry their own luggage without assistance.
- Participants can pay the whole amount of the pilgrimage at once or increase the amount of the installments.
- The cost includes airfare, land transportation, lodging, meals, and translation when necessary.
- Participants should budget for additional costs of immunizations, flights from home city to departure city (which will be announced soon), and personal spending.
- Shots and immunizations should be completed at least six weeks prior to the trip.
- Visas for U.S. citizens are not required for travel to Indonesia and Thailand.
- Participants are responsible for securing their passports. Passports should not expire on or before September 1st, 2020.
Program will be shared soon!