A New Space for the Nursing School
Christian Hospital, Bissamcuttack
The Christian Hospital, Bissamcuttack (CHB) is a hospital of the Church of North India, and began operating in Bissamcuttack in 1954. The hospital is a mission hospital and has 200 beds. The hospital also houses and staffs the school of nursing.
The Christian Hospital, Bissamcuttack (CHB) recently completed the construction on a new building to house the nursing school program and classrooms. Construction work began on February 6, 2014, and the building was inaugurated on June 13, 2015. Currently, the building is occupied by 120 nursing students and their faculty.
The school of nursing at Christian Hospital, Bissamcuttack was founded in 1978 and began with the objective to empower young women to become caring and competent nurses. It was initially housed in an old hospital building before moving into its own space in 1989. The program began to expand and, eventually, more space was needed. In 2014, a project was launched to build a new space for the nursing school. It is named after Nancy Lott Henry, and her husband, the late Dr. V. K. Henry, who served with the Church of North India at Christian Hospital, Bissamcuttack for many years.