Challenge and Hope in the Holy Land: May 21-31, 2014
To provide an opportunity to be an eyewitness to the current situation in Israel-Palestine in order to gain understanding of the challenges to a just peace in the Holy Land. There will also be opportunities to visit a number of Holy Sites.
PURPOSE: To provide an opportunity to be an eyewitness to the current situation in Israel-Palestine in order to gain understanding of the challenges to a just peace in the Holy Land. There will also be opportunities to visit a number of Holy Sites.
Approximate Cost: $3100 – may be reduced if group fills
Includes: Airfare from LAX, ground transportation in Israel-Palestine, lodging (double), all dinners and breakfasts.
3 nights in Bethlehem
(1 night in a Palestinian home)
Church of the Nativity & Manger Square, Shepherds’ Field, Christmas Lutheran Church, refugee camp, Hebron, glass factory
2 nights in Nazareth
Sea of Galilee, Mt. of Beatitudes, Church of Anunciation, Capernaum, Nablus, Jacob’s Well
3 nights in Jerusalem
Old City, Via de la Rosa, Mt. of Olives Justice tour of Jerusalem, Sabeel, B’Tselem, Rabbis for Human Rights, Settlements
To help you decide if this is an experience you want, and to prepare you if you choose to join us on this journey, here are some suggested resources:
Global Mission Partners
- Blood Brothers or We belong to the Land by Elias Chacour
- A Palestinian Christian Cry for Reconciliation or Justice and Only Justice by Naim Ateek (Co-Founder of Sabeel)
- We Can Have Peace in the Holy Land or Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid by Jimmy Carter
- Bethlehem Besieged: Stories of Hope in Times of Trouble by Mitri Raheb (Pastor, Christmas Lutheran Church)
- The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine by Ilan Pappe (an Israeli & former member of the Knesset)
Additional reading suggestions are available.
For more information contact
Rev. Nancy Fowler
Requirement: There will be extensive walking every day.