DHM Issues Support Statement for Syrians, to the House Homeland Security Committee
Disciples Refugee & Immigration Ministries of the Division of Home Missions, in partnership with the Middle East and Europe office of Global Ministries, submitted this statement this week to inform the U.S. House Homeland Security Committee members of some of our key values related to Syrian refugee needs.
Some helpful articles on this topic include:
- Three essays on Syria, Europe, and Refugees
- “The U.S. Record Shows Refugees Are Not a Threat,” by Kathleen Newland
- “How Fear Slammed America’s Door on Syrian Refugees,” by Molly O’Toole
- “America, the Answer to the Syrian Refugee Crisis Lies in Your History With Vietnam,” by Molly Unkovic
- “Bureaucracy Slows Process Of Welcoming Refugees To The U.S.,” an interview on NPR