Church to Church Partnerships
Walking with Christians and people of other faiths from around the world can enhance the life, faith and witness of your church. There are a variety of ways in which you can share your faith and experience with our international partners.
“You are no longer strangers or foreigners, but fellow citizens with God’s people and members of the household of God.” —Ephesians 2:19
We do mission in partnership. God’s mission invites us to join hands with our International Partner Churches, and to walk together as companions with our sisters and brothers around the world. For a listing of International Partner Churches by region click the region.
Conferences and Associations of the United Church of Christ and Regions of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) build close relationships with mission co-workers through covenanted relationships. Many also walk closely with an International Partner Church through the Global Church Partner program.
Conferences and Associations of the United Church of Christ and Regions of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) build close relationships with mission co-workers through covenanted relationships.
- Global Church Partnership Handbook
- Partnership Trips – People to People Pilgrimages
- Steps to a Global Church Partnership
- International Partnership Review Process
- Global Church Partnership List
Global Partnerships aim:
- To put a face on mission.
- To build enthusiasm and “ownership” for global mission.
- To give a clear picture of what support of Our Church’s Wider Mission and Disciples Mission Fund is accomplishing.
- To educate church membership about current global mission.
- To strengthen the Conferences, Regions, and Congregations for mission education.
- To encourage personal and congregational commitment to global mission
Walking together in partnership
As we seek to be more inclusive of the wider church in international ministries, Global Ministries has identified local partnerships/companions as a vibrant and faith-filled opportunity for our regions and conferences. In partnerships we walk together with our brothers and sisters around the world, and in this companionship the face of Christ is revealed to us. Some partnerships have been active for many years already. As conferences and regions continue to develop partnerships, exchange of people often happens. Often utilizing the resources of the People-to-People Pilgrimage program, groups visit one another to share life experiences. Share in the experiences of recent and upcoming partnership pilgrimages by reading travel accounts and faith-journals written by participants, and viewing photos.
“when they were talking and discussing, Jesus himself came near and went with them… “…he had been made known to them in the breaking of the bread…” Luke 24: 13-37
Walking with Christians and people of other faiths from around the world can enhance the life, faith and witness of your church. There are a variety of ways in which you can share your faith and experience with our international partners. You may want to consider some of the following suggestions:
- Exchanges of delegations
- Establish a relationship with mission co-workers
- Work camps for youth
- Shared Bible study
- Shared worship through audio and video taping
- Specific project support
- Advocacy on related issues
- Language training
- Individual and group correspondence
- Development of audiovisual resources
- Special days of prayer
Global Ministries staff would like to support your global partnership interests and would like to make available our contacts and connections with the worldwide church so that your conference, region, association and local congregation can fulfill the call of unity in the one body of Christ.