Position Opening: Administrative Assistant for Program, Global Sharing of Resources (Cleveland)
UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST
Wider Church Ministries
(A Covenanted Ministry of the United Church of Christ)
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant for Program
MINISTRY TEAM: Wider Church Ministries/Global Sharing of Resources
REPORTS TO: Minister and Team Leader, GSR
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt/Grade 5
APPROVED BY: Minister and Team Leader, GSR
APPROVAL DATE: September 2008
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide administrative support to GSR programs; Volunteer, National Disaster, and Refugee Ministries and One Great Hour of Sharing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Become and remain conversant with breadth of GSR programs, able to interpret primary program goals.
- Serve as data base manager for GSR programmatic data; designing, creating, maintaining and managing data bases appropriate to respective GSR programs.
- Gather program related data from various sources, including Internet, as requested.
- Serve as primary staff for research, development and posting of routine GSR programmatic information to Web on a regular basis.
- Serve as primary staff for the production of GSR program resources; maintaining liaison with writers, photographers, designers and other vendors
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for GSR program sponsored gatherings coordinating the preparation and setting up of meetings/events including promotion, invitations, registration, scheduling of groups, participation fees; serve as liaison to Meeting Services.
- Prepare resources and correspondence which are neat, grammatically correct and free of spelling and typographical errors.
- Serve as recorder for meetings as needed.
- Willing to take on new and creative ad hoc tasks, as needed, on the WCM team.
To perform job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and a minimum of three years administrative or equivalent experience.
- Able to work as part of a staff team* and able to work with three different executives at once, negotiating and setting priorities to accomplish diverse assignments in a timely manner.
- Proficient in database administration, Word, Windows XP, experience with Raiser’s Edge, Filemaker Pro, Powerpoint and Excel spreadsheet applications helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to organize and prioritize work load, work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of the United Church of Christ preferred.
- Eagerness to strive for “excellence”.
- Positive, cheerful attitude and “can do” spirit.
*The Global Sharing of Resources Team operates on a team model with a lead staff approach. Each of the seven team members is assigned to take the lead on specific areas of work in order for the entire team to accomplish its ministry goals. The Administrative Assistant for Program works most closely with the Executives for Volunteer, National Disaster and Refugee & Immigration Ministries.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required for the position and are subject to review and change at any time in accordance with the needs of the ministry. Since no job description can detail all duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a position, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a position shall also be considered part of the position holder’s responsibility.
It is expected that the person who holds this position will conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the policies of the CMUCC and in a manner that will reflect positively on
the organization. All staff are encouraged to nurture safety within the work performed on behalf of the CMUCC by being attentive to self-care, education, maintaining appropriate boundaries, and the importance of referring those in need to supportive and helpful resources.
The United Church of Christ, National Setting, is a Multicultural, Multiracial, Open and Affirming, Accessible to All, Equal Opportunity Employer
Send resumes to:
Human Resources Office #635
United Church of Christ
700 Prospect Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44115