Global Ministries at General Synod 2019
There are many opportunities to connect with Global Ministries at General Synod!
Hurry! Registration will close June 9, but there will be registration at General Synod.
The Southern Asia Initiative
Global Ministries will be launching the next area initiative, the Southern Asia Initiative, at General Synod! Global Ministries will be celebrating the launch of this new, exciting initiative at General Synod in a variety of ways. Visit us in the exhibit hall to learn more about how you and your congregation can engage with the Southern Asia Initiative.
Ecumenical and Interfaith Dinner
The Ecumenical and Interfaith Dinner is an opportunity to meet and dine with ecumenical, interfaith, and Global Ministries guests. The evening will feature a speaker and time of celebration with recipients of the ecumenical and interfaith awards given to members/congregations in the UCC with an exemplary ecumenical witness. Friday, June 21 at 5:30pm in Wisconsin Center Room 203C. Tickets: $47
Come visit the Global Ministries exhibit! Meet global partners, missionaries, and staff and learn more about how you can connect to the world through Global Ministries. Join in celebrating the launch of the Southern Asia Initiative!
Exhibit Hall Hours
Friday, June 21, 2019 12:00pm-5:00pm
Saturday, June 22, 2019 9:00am-4:00pm
Sunday, June 23, 2019 9:00am-2:00pm, 4:30-6:00pm
Monday, June 24, 2019 10:00am-7:00pm
Tuesday, June 25, 2019 9:00am-12:00pm
All workshops take place on Saturday, June 23, 2019. Locations TBA.
Workshop info at: https://www.synod2019.org/en/uccsynod2019/Workshops
- Human Trafficking: Stories from Home and Abroad – Rebekah Choate
- What to Do When Disaster Strikes: Protecting your church, Serving your community – Amanda Sheldon and Gerald Sink
- Advocating for Global Racial Equity and Human Rights – Karen Georgia Thompson, Velda Love, and Rebekah Choate
- Become an Immigrant Welcoming and/or Sanctuary Congregation – Noel Anderson (UCC & CWS Grassroots Coordinator for Immigrants’ Rights)
- Explore the World of Global Partners – Peter Makari (and partners)
- In the Eye of the Hurricane: Building Community in Puerto Rico – Angel Luis Rivera-Agosto and Juan Rosario from AMANESER 2025
- Sale of Human Beings, Violence in the Name of God, and Cultures of Discrimination: Stories of Struggle and Hope from Southern Asia – Deenabandhu Manchala
Wider Church Ministries and Global Ministries Donor Reception
Saturday, June 22 4:00-5:30pm
Hosted by Rev. Dr. James Moos at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center, Mitchell Room, 4th floor. Space is limited. RSVP to Linda Long at firstname.lastname@example.org or (216) 736-3202.
Child and Elder Sponsorship Reception
Monday, June 24 4:00-5:30pm
For child/elder sponsors and people interested in the Child and Elder Sponsorship Program. The speaker will be Ms. Betty Murillo, Director of the Dumaguete Kalauman Center for Development in the Philippines. This event is hosted by Ms. Linda Lawrence, Global Ministries Child and Elder Sponsorship Program Manager. To RSVP, contact Linda Lawrence – email@example.com or (216) 736-3222.
- A Resolution on Ecumenical Relationship Between the United Church of Christ and the Iglesia Evangelica Unida de Puerto Rico
- Addressing the State of Global Forced Migration