The Christian Conference of Asia
The Christian Conference of Asia is a regional ecumenical organisation representing 16 National Councils and over 100 churches/denominations in Aotearoa-New Zealand, Australia, Bangladesh, Burma, Cambodia, East Timor, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Laos, Nepal, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Taiwan and Thailand.
The name of the Organisation is Christian Conference of Asia (hereinafter referred to as the CCA). It was constituted by the
decisions of Christian churches, national councils of churches and national Christian councils whose representatives met at Prapat, Indonesia, in March 1957, and was inaugurated at the Assembly in 1959 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The CCA was known as the East Asia Christian Conference from its inauguration until the Fifth Assembly in Singapore in June 1973.
- The promotion and strengthening of the unity of the church in Asia;
- The exploration of opportunities and the promotion of joint action for the fulfillment of the mission of God in Asia and throughout the world;
- The encouragement of Asian contributions to Christian thought, worship and action throughout the world;
- The development of mutual awareness, fellowship and sharing among the churches in the region, and of relationships with other regional ecumenical organisations and the World Council of Churches;
- The promotion of common study and action in such fields as evangelism, service, social and human development and international relations;
- The stimulation of initiatives and experiments in dynamic Christian living and action;
- The development of effective Christian responses to the challenges of the changing societies of Asia;
- The development and promotion of relationships with people of other faiths in Asia;
- The protection of human dignity and the promotion of caring for the creation.
Support this Ministry
To make a gift for this ministry online or by check use the online donation page.
- 100% of your gift will be directed to The Christian Conference of Asia
- You will receive updates on the work in this area as they become available
- Share in the vision of God’s abundant life for all people
Dr. Ben Whitehill died on June 7 in Wausau, Wisconsin, after four days in the hospital. He is...Read More