Lectionary Text and Prayers for Honduras: Luke 3:15-22
Loving God, help us to be as bold as John in proclaiming your Good News in the world today. Remind us constantly of our baptism and the promise of the Holy Spirit to act and speak in Jesus name. We come before you today and ask specifically that you may help heal the wounds in Honduras. Be with our partners as they proclaim your Good News during this difficult time.
- The staff of the CCD, that they may continue striving towards sustainable development in Honduras.
- Understanding from both political parties struggling for power, and hurting many in the process.
- Safety, comfort, and healing for those effected by the human rights violations ranging.
(Prayer by Alan Dicken)
Global Ministries International Partners in Honduras:
- Christian Commission on Development (CCD): Ecumenical organization based in Tegucigalpa working on sustainable development projects with churches and communities in Honduras. http://www.ccdhonduras.org/espanol/
- Honduran Theological Community (CTH): Ecumenical theological education with a residence program in Tegucigalpa and distance learning cells throughout Honduras.
- Evangelical and Reformed Church of Honduras (IERH): Synod leadership is based in San Pedro Sula with 50 or so congregations spread out through the northern portion of Honduras.
- Association of Evangelical Institutions of Honduras (AIEH): Social action arm of the Evangelical and Reformed church.
- Mennonite Social Commission (CASM): http://www.casm.hn/
Global Ministries Missionary in Honduras:
Alan Dicken, a member of Tylersville Road Christian Church, Mason, Ohio, serves the Christian Commission of Development (CCD) in Honduras. He works in the communications ministry and assists with hosting groups visiting the CCD.