Lectionary Selection: John 20:1-18 or Luke 24:1-12
Prayers for India:
Dear Lord, today let us pray for the nursing students of the Christian Hospital Mungeli. Praying that their hearts and minds continue to be dedicated and inspired by you and your people. Help them be as the women who went to the tomb of Jesus Christ after his passing, who were shocked and dismayed to not see Jesus in his place. These women still had the courage to inform the disciples and the others that Jesus was gone. They did not fear having people think they were nonsensical or fear being reprimanded. They shared what they had found and what they knew to be true. Lord we pray today that our students continue to be courageous and excellent examples for all women in Chattisgargh, who are often discouraged from being educated and courageous members of their communities. We pray their faith and knowledge will grow and that you will fill them with your spirit as they progress and mature into wonderful servants of your people.
Mission Stewardship Moment from India:
Having the opportunity to be a part of the Christian Hospital Mungeli (CHM) ministry of healing and education has been a great pleasure.
The school of nursing is a shining light at CHM. I am blessed to have the opportunity to teach English to our wonderful students. We are now teaching our fifth batch of 20 nursing students. Our current and former students are doing an excellent job of serving the sick as well as teaching laypersons how to care for themselves and their families. We are very proud of our students, most are young women from remote villages throughout the area. Many come from different faiths and backgrounds, but have blended together as one fellowship of love and respect who are beautifully learning together and from each other. They are enthusiastic to make a difference as India seeks to bring better healthcare and welfare to a huge population in need of aid.
We encourage our students to strive for further education, one important skill needed for this is English. English is the language in which many schools offering higher education teach, we aim to ready our students for this. We pray they obtain leadership and teaching positions, and are committed to raising the standards of nursing in India. These young students are shining examples of how it is possible to break the chain of poverty in Chattisgargh. I am forever grateful to the Lord for the gift of teaching those whom I am certain will be a positive impact in the lives of so many.
(Prayer and Mission Moment by Nancy Lott Henry)
Mission Partners in India:
- Center for Interfaith Relations, Study and Joint Action - Peace Trust, Kanyakamuri
- Christian Medical Association of India (CMAI)
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Church of North India (CNI)
- Church of South India (CSI)
- Church's Auxiliary for Social Action - CASA
- Comprehensive Rural Health Project, Jamkhed
- CREATE (Center for Research Education Action Training and Evaluation)
- Darjeerling Tibetan Refugee Center and Tibetan Children's Village
- Deep Griha Society, Pune
- Family Village Farm and King's Matriculation
- Henry Martyn Institute for Research, Interfaith Relations and Reconciliation
- Indian Samaritans, New Delhi
- Lady Doak College
- Pravaham, Vellore
- Student Christian Movement of India
- Tamilnadu Theological Seminary
- United Theological College, Bangalore
More information on India: http://www.globalministries.org/india
Global Ministries Missionary in India:
Nancy Lott Henry serves as a long-term volunteer with the Church of North India. Her appointment is made possible by your gifts to Disciples Mission Fund, Our Churches Wider Mission, and your special gifts.