Lectionary Selection: John: 20:19-31
Prayers for Kenya:
Lord, in our fear and despair, your comfort is always with your people in Kenya and the rest of the African continent. You always intervene in our difficult situations when we have no idea about what will happen.
Your presence is enough to heal the wounded hearts and make happy those who are sad. Help your people to move from unbelief and believe in your promises. When we are stuck by unbelief or doubt or even a sense of failure, the worst we can do is to seek solitude, to be alone with our doubts and worries.
Let not our faith depend on what we see. As a mother moves away from her little child to encourage her to walk, we believe that you left the disciples to learn to walk by faith. We also want this to be a reality for us today.
Whenever someone is saved, we know that Christ came out of the grave because it is Christ alone who can save a man. Whenever someone is transformed, that he/she leaves his/her old life, that he/she begins to walk according to the Word of God and in holiness, we know that Christ is risen because only Christ can transform a mankind and make him/her able to obey the command of God.
Mission Stewardship Moment from Kenya:
At the All Africa Conference of Churches (AACC), I am working with both churches and Council of Churches across the continent. Here some highlights:
- I led a Peace Mission in Kinshasa prior elections. The aim of the mission was to bring synergy betweenCatholics and Protestant to work together for peace and preventing electoral violence. An Ecumenical service was organized. In the picture are Archbishop Rungabwa, the Vatican envoy to join the mission, the Archbishop Utembi, the President of the Bishop Conference in the Congo and myself. The participants in the mission were staffs from the AACC, World Council Churches (WCC) and Vatican.
- I organized a Regional workshop for Sustainable Peace and Development in Accra/Ghana from March 6 to 10, 2019. Participants were church leaders and staffs from Councils of Churches from Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leonne, Liberia, and Gambia.
- A Consultation on Peace was organized for Church leaders from Portuguese and French-speaking countries in Luanda/Angola from March 16 to 21, 2019. Churches and Council of Churches representatives came to Angola, Mozambique, Democratic Republic of Congo, Central Africa Republic, Gabon, Cameroon, Congo Brazzaville, Togo, and Benin.
The State Secretary of Culture and Religious Affairs, Her Excellency Maria de Jesus gave the opening remarks
Let us pray for peace in South Africa where xenophobia against other Africans living in South Africa is undermining human dignity and the sacredness of human life.
Let also pray that God protects Kenya against terrorist attack and extremist violence.
Prayer and Mission Moment by Bosela Eale
Mission Partners in Kenya:
- All Africa Conference of Churches
- National Council of Churches of Kenya (NCCK)
- Organization of African Instituted Churches
- Presbyterian Church of East Africa
- Programme for Christian Muslim Relations in Africa
- St Paul's United Theological College
More information on Kenya: https://www.globalministries.org/kenya
Global Ministries Mission Co-worker in Kenya:
Bosela Eale serves with the Theology, Interfaith-Relations and Ecclesial Leadership Office in Kenya. His appointment is made possible by your gifts to Disciples Mission Fund, Our Church’s Wider Mission, and your special gifts.