Center for Oceanian Women’s Theology
What is Manahine Pasefika (Association of Oceanian Women Theologians)?
It is a new network of theologically trained Pacific Islander women who are ‘making their voices heard’ through the publishing of contextual theology and liberative, prophetic study materials for laity in their churches, especially for women and youth. In 2006 Manahine is embarking on the first in its ‘Women and Christianity in Oceania’ book series, and in early 2007 hopes to publish its first Study Guide for laity, a series of Bible Studies on ‘Women’s Ministries in the New Testament and in Oceania.’ Manahine is the major ecumenical initiative in the region committed to women’s empowerment and capacity-building.
How does Manahine Pasefika / AOWT operate?
It is ‘owned’ collectively by its members. It is intentionally ecumenical and embraces Pacific Islander women who are both based in the island nations and in the diaspora of New Zealand and Australia. It models a collegial organizational style which relies on volunteer ‘coordinators’ from each sub-region (and eventually each country). It is responsible for securing its own funding. While it may publish jointly with established publishers, it publishes primarily through its own Manahine Press.
How are Global Ministries and Manahine Pasefika connected?
Global Ministries supports its missionary, Lydia Johnson, as the Editor for Manahine, who has worked in the Pacific for many years. Global Ministries has partnerships with many of the churches from which Manahine’s members hail.
How can you or your church help Manahine Pasefika, through Global Ministries?
- $50 will enable Manahine to disseminate 8-10 Study Guides or books to church women’s and youth groups or theological libraries around the Pacific.
- $100 will enable Manahine to disseminate 20 or more Study Guides or books to church women’s and youth groups or theological libraries around the Pacific.
- $500 will enable Manahine to print 100 copies of one of its books or Study Guides, or to pay production and promotion costs for one publication.
- $1,000 will enable Manahine to print 200 copies of one of its books or Study Guides, or to pay for French translation for one publication.
Support this Ministry
To make a gift for this ministry online or by check use the online donation page.
- 100% of your gift will be directed to Center for Oceanian Women’s Theology
- You will receive updates on the work in this area as they become available
- Share in the vision of God’s abundant life for all people
Sharing in Community
Abigail Reed serves with the Presbyterian Church in the Republic of Korea (PROK)....Read More
Andrew Larsen serves with the United Church of Christ in the Philippines. How do we make sense...Read More
My Sister’s Place
Lydia Yang serves with the Presbyterian Church in the Republic of Korea (PROK). Durebang...Read More