Pray for India on Sunday May 16, 2010
Lectionary Text and Prayers for India: John 17:20-26
“May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.” John 17:23
We see but glimpses of complete unity in this fractured world – in moments of sacrifice and selflessness and love.
In these moments we know that You are in us and we are One.
But Lord, our love is fragile and our loyalty is cheap.
By Grace, may we re-member our universal Source.
– For the strength, courage, and hope of people living with HIV.
– For the understanding and support of those close to people living with HIV.
– For the passion and work of all who fight against stigma and discrimination.
– For the compassion and perseverance of all who care for and counsel people living with HIV
– For the honesty and integrity of government HIV programs.
– For healing of the hypocrisy which allows sex-trafficking to flourish and 50% of children to be sexually abused while banning sex-education in the schools.
May Your will be done,
(Prayer by Ryan Turner)
Global Ministries International Partners in India:
Besides the Church of North India and the Church of South India, Global Ministries has about forty partners in India. To view a list of those partners and a paragraph summary on each, go to: http://www.globalministries.org/sasia/countries/india/ and scroll down to the partner section
Global Ministries Missionaries in India:
Ryan Beck Turner is serving the Deep Griha Society in Pune, India as Volunteer Coordinator and the Coordinator for Wake Up Pune, a coalition of youth and NGOs working for HIV awareness and destigmatization. To learn more visit: deepgriha.org + wakeuppune.org
Teresa and Anil Henry are serving with the Synodical Board of Health Services of the Church of North India. Teresa is the anesthesiologist of the Christian Hospital of Mungeli and Anil works as a medical doctor there.
Nancy Lott Henry is serving as a long-term volunteer with the Church of North India.