The South Sudan Council of Churches (SSCC) is an ecumenical body comprised of seven member churches and associate churches in South Sudan with a strong legacy of peace-building, reconciliation, and advocacy. The SSCC provides a platform to enhance the spirit of ecumenical cooperation towards collective action for peace.
- Promote mutual understanding, respect and interaction locally and nationally between Christian Churches, inspired by the prayer of Jesus: “That all of them may be one” (John 17:11)
- Promote understanding for Christian faith, morals and culture in the society and strengthen the Christian presence in the public arena.
- Promote cooperation on the Church’s call to mission locally, nationally and globally.
- Promote respect for freedom of religion and human rights both in legislation and practice at all levels.
- Work to break down barriers between people and groups and create justice, peace and reconciliation.
- Work to protect creation against destruction so that all may experience the fullness of life.
- Contribute nationally, regionally, and internationally to the creation and development of good relations between Christian and other faith communities.
- Participate in ecumenical organizations and inter-religious bodies and contexts.