Thursday, October 15, 2020
10:30 am – 12 noon ET
You are invited to join us for a discussion of religious freedom in Cuba.
Learn about current issues including:
- the difficulties of everyday life in terms of food and basic necessities in Cuba
- the impact of the blockade on Cuba
- the role of Cuban medical personnel around the world
- the need for solidarity of churches in Cuba and the United States
Translation will be provided from Spanish to English and English to Spanish.
Register at this link: https://bit.ly/CubawebinarOct5
Words of Welcome will be from Antonio Santana, President of the Cuban Council of Churches and James Winkler, President of the National Council of Churches USA.
Speakers from the United States introduced by Jim Winkler, National Council of Churches
- Rep. Jim McGovern of Massachusetts
- Geoff Thale of the Washington Office on Latin America
Speakers from the Cuban Council of Churches introduced by Rev. Joel Ortega Dopico, Executive Secretary of the Cuban Council of Churches
- Marilyn Peña Pérez, Team Coordinator of the Martin Luther King Jr. Centre
- Rev. Dora Arce Valentín, Moderator of the Presbyterian Reform Church in Cuba
- Rev. Izett Samá Hernández, Presbyterian Pastor
Sponsored by: National Council of Churches USA, Cuban Council of Churches, Alliance of Baptists, Church World Service, Presbyterian Church USA, United Church of Christ, Washington Office on Latin America, and Global Ministries of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and United Church of Christ.