To receive and share the Good News of Jesus Christ by joining with global and local partners to work for justice, reconciliation and peace.
We strive for this by living out our core values:
- Presence - Manifesting God's love by living in intentional, committed relationships
- Mutuality - Walking in hope with others in God's mission
- Community - Building interdependence and unity among all of God's children
- Justice - Living out God's radical love by confronting powers that deny the fullness of life and the integrity of creation
- Peace - Embodying reconciling relationships with God, humanity and creation
Global Ministries Co-Executives
Rev. Julia Brown Karimu
Co-Executive Global Ministries, President, Division of Overseas Ministries
A native of Mississippi, Karimu started work at the Indianapolis General Office of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in 1977, serving as Director of Voluntary Service at what is now Disciples Home Missions. Eight years later, she moved to DOM as a Vice-President and Mission Personnel executive. Karimu, earned her Master of Divinity Degree from Christian Theological Seminary in Indianapolis in 1986. She holds a B.S. degree in history and political science from Jackson State University.
Rev. Dr. James Moos
Co-Executive Global Ministries, Executive Minister, Wider Church Ministries
Following his ordination in 1986, Moos served two congregations in North Dakota (Adams County UCC and Bismarck UCC) before he accepted the call as executive minister of Wider Church Ministries. Moos was a U.S. Air Force Reserve chaplain and past member of the former UCC Executive Council and Wider Church Ministries board. He earned his bachelor's degree from Seattle Pacific University, and an M.Div and a Ph.D. from Princeton Seminary.
Learn More About Global Ministries