Global Ministries 2011 Missionary Appointments
Read about the 2011 Missionary Appointments by Global Ministries
At the November 13, 2011, meeting of the Common Global Ministries Board, nine new and reappointed missionaries were commissioned. Global Ministries celebrates the appointment of these individuals as they prepare to serve with partner churches and programs and sisters around the world. Those commissioned at the meeting were:
- James L. deBoer and Marian A. Thorpe will be serving a one- year term as long-term volunteers with the Round Table for Mission Development of the Disciples of Christ Church in Argentina and the Disciples of Christ Church in Paraguay.
- Elena M. Huegel was reappointed for a four-year term with the Pentecostal Church of Chile.
- Michael E. Joseph was reappointed for a four-year term with the Restoration, Life and Peace Commission of the Council of Evangelical Churches (CEDECOL) in Colombia.
- Julianna M. Nitz will serve a one-year term as a Global Mission Intern with the Jaffna Diocese of the Church of South India, Sri Lanka.
- Katie D. Pickens will be serving a one-year term as a long-term volunteer with the National Spiritual Council of Churches of Haiti (CONASPEH).
- Douglas J. Searles and Elizabeth J. Searles were reappointed for a six-month term with the Evangelical Reformed Church in Poland.
- Gabrielle K. Worley will serve a one-year term as a Global Mission Intern with the Middle East Council of Churches (MECC) and the Forum for Development, Culture, and Dialogue (FDCD), in Beirut, Lebanon.