Kairos Palestine: July 2013 newsletter
Kairos Palestine National Activities:
On July 4, Martha Tonsern attended the workshop “Rethinking the Discourse: An expert workshop on Israel’s policy of forced displacement on both sides of the Green line”, conducted by Adalah and Badil in Bethlehem.
On July 4, Nora Carmi spoke to a group of Australian archeologists and American and Canadian students taking a course at the St. Georges College in Jerusalem about the challenges facing Palestinian Christians and the responsibility of Christians around the world in their stand for justice based on the concept of Kairos Palestine.
On July 19, Archbishop Atallah Hanna addressed the 120 participants taking part in the Good shepherds Scouts Camp in Beit Sahour about Kairos Palestine, urging the young people to be true to their faith and national obligations. Kairos Palestine was represented by Rifat Kassis, Yasmine Khoury and Nora Carmi who had contributed in providing the T-Shirts for the camp.
On July 19, The Steering committee of Kairos Palestine met at the YMCA in Beit Sahour to evaluate the work in the past six months and to oversee the plan of action for the coming months. Once again the involvement in the local community and expansion of the work was emphasized. At the end of the meeting, the members and staff celebrated the silver Jubilee of the ordination of Father Jamal Khader, their colleague and co-author of the Kairos document.
On July 19, Kairos Palestine met Archbishop M. Kehinde Stephen and Rev. Kolade Fdahunsi from the Methodist Church of Nigeria to discuss further cooperation.
On July 25, Kairos Palestine staff met with journalists from JIJ, The Jerusalem Institute of Justice to speak about religious freedom in Israel and Palestine.
On July 25, Rifat Kassis had a meeting with Eneko Gerrikabeitia, the representative of a Spanish organization called Mundubat to know more about Kairos advocacy work and explore ways to cooperate together.
On July 26, Kairos Palestine staff met with Beatriz Seara from Caritas Spain to discuss possible cooperation.
- Kairos Palestine strongly condemns the planned displacement, dispossession and eviction of tens of thousands ofPalestinian Bedouin citizens of Israel.
- Condemnation-letter of the PrawerPlan to the Israeli Embassy in Norway from Seniors for Palestine.
- Palestinian Human RightsOrganisations Welcome the EU’s Adherence to International Law Through theAdoption of EU Guidelines on EU Support to Israeli Entities or Activities inIllegal Settlements
- Generation Palestine: Voices fromthe BDS Movement (Pluto Press 2013)
- Palestinian Christians – Ongoingforcible displacement and dispossession… until when?
- Kairos for Global Justice
- Recommendations – Kairos Palestine: “A Strategy for Life in a Steadfast Way towards Liberation?