Iglesia Evangelica Dominicana
The Evangelical Church of the Dominican Republic (IED) was founded in 1922 as an ecumenical project by three denominations: the Methodist Episcopal Church, the United Brethren, and the Presbyterian Church. In 1960 the church united with the Wesleyan Methodists, and later in the same year with the Moravians. In 1978, the Evangelical Church of the Dominican Republic, together with Dominican Episcopal Church, founded the Center for Theological Studies of Santo Domingo, a Protestant seminary. The Evangelical Church of the Dominican Republic has a passion for evangelism, starting new churches, and Christian education. They are also active in medical outreach and clean water projects. Much of their medical outreach has included care for the Haitian community in the Dominican Republic and they provide assistance for medical, documentation, and new mothers.