Ministries and Mission Interpreters (MMI) Training Offered through Webinars
Through a series of five webinars you and your mission/outreach team can be trained as a Global Ministries Ministries and Mission Interpreter (MMI). This will enable you to join the network of over 1100 Disciples and UCC MMIs! Isn’t that great news?
Want to know more about what an MMI is and does?
A Ministries and Mission Interpreter (MMI) is a person who:
- has a passion for learning about God’s mission
- tells the story of Global ministries in our congregatons, regions and conferences
- motivates and trains others to be involved in global mission
- links the interest of an individual or congregation with resources and opportunities through Global Ministries
- works within existing region/conference mission teams and communication networks
- builds and participates in the national MMI network
An MMI serves by:
- utilizing Global Ministries resources, videos, website and staff in one’s own continuing mission education
- inter-relating with region/conference staff, boards, and mission or outreach committees
- making global mission visible at association/district, region or conference annual meetings and regional assemblies
- presenting mission stories and resources in newsletters, websites, individual conversations, small groups, worship or special programs
- finding ways to fit mission into conference/ region ministry goals and structures
- encouraging others to follow Global Ministries on Facebook
You can participate in the webinar in front of your home computer as an individual. Or you can gather your mission/outreach team in a classroom in your church building with an LCD projector and a High Speed internet connection. Whatever you decide, please mark these dates on your calendar and plan on joining us for these five webinars:
Session 1: Participating in God’s Global Mission Today – Wednesday, October 5, 2011 @ 7:00 to 8:00pm EST
Goal: Participants will learn about the model for mission utilized by Global Ministries and the theology and practice that undergirds that model of mission.
For more info and to sign-up for Session 1, click here: http://globalministries.org/calendar/mmi-webinar-1.html
Session 2: Learning the Basics about Global Ministries – Wednesday, October 12, 2011 @ 7:00 to 8:00pm EST
Goal: Participants will grow in their understanding of the basics about Global Ministries: history, structure, partners, missionaries, priorities, staffing, funding, etc.
For more info and to sign-up for Session 2, click here: http://globalministries.org/calendar/mmi-webinar-2.html
Session 3: Surfing the Global Ministries Website – Wednesday, October 19, 2011 @ 7:00 to 8:00pm EST
Goal: Participants will become comfortable in finding what they need on the Global Ministries website.
For more info and to sign-up for Session 3, click here: http://globalministries.org/calendar/mmi-webinar-3.html
Session 4: Getting Involved in Global Ministries – Wednesday, October 26, 2011 @ 7:00 to 8pm EST
Goal: Participants will see how they can be involved in Global Ministries as an individual and as a congregation by using Your Passport to Global Ministries.
For more info and to sign-up for Session 4, click here: http://globalministries.org/calendar/mmi-webinar-4.html
Session 5: Creating an Action Plan – Wednesday, November 2 @ 7:00 to 8:00pm EST
Goal: Participants will think through what their individual and congregational action plan could look like.
For more info and to sign-up for Session 5, click here: http://globalministries.org/calendar/mmi-webinar-5.html