Morija Girls High School
Lesotho Evangelical Church
Update on Computer Project
The Lesotho Evangelical Church (LEC) is a long-standing partner of Global Ministries, founded in 1833. Current membership is estimated at more than 260,000 people. The LEC is comprised of 112 congregations. It maintains seven health centers and two hospitals in the health area.
In education, the LEC is responsible for 563 primary and secondary schools, one Bible Institute, and one theological seminary. Among its schools is Morija Girls High School, one of the oldest post-primary educational institutions for girls in Lesotho. It is located in the village of Morija, about 25 miles south of Maseru, Lesotho’s capital. Built by the LEC in 1951 as a teacher training college, the school initially had an enrollment of about 90 students drawn from all over Lesotho. Today, the school’s average enrollment of about 365 students.
The school purchased computer equipment for their computer lab. The computers have been installed. Seven new computers were purchased and installed, as well as a server, a printer, and DVD drives for some of their older computers.
The computer lab is in the main room of their library. They had about 14 functioning computers prior to the addition of the seven new ones. Class sizes are around 40 students, so at least now half a class can use the computers at the same time.