Mindolo Ecumenical Foundation
The Mindolo Ecumenical Foundation, founded in 1958, is located in Kitwe. Kitwe is the third largest city in Zambia with a population of 363,734 according to the 2000 census. It is in the center of the Copperbelt, Zambia’s copper-mining region, with a complex of mines.
Mindolo is an interdenominational center that serves as a place of worship, study, consultation and reconciliation. Also on the campus are: Africa Literature Center; Young Women’s Christian Association; United Church of Zambia Theological College; Theological Education by extension in Zambia; St. John’s Anglican Seminary.
The Dag Hammarskjöld ‘Messengers of Peace’ Training Programme is run by the Foundation. The objectives of this bi-annual two-week training programme are:
- To spread information and knowledge of conflict resolution at different levels of society in Africa and the world;
- To promote a culture of peaceful conflict resolution among people.
In addition to this two-week training programme, the Mindolo Ecumenical Foundation (MEF), which executes the programme, offers a three-month Peace Certificate covering conflict analysis, conflict resolution, human rights, training of trainers, mediation skills, restorative justice and non-violent strategies. A nine-month Peace Certificate in conflict resolution, peace-building, computer training and democracy is also offered.
Support this Ministry
To make a gift for this ministry online or by check use the online donation page.
- 100% of your gift will be directed to Mindolo Ecumenical Foundation
- You will receive updates on the work in this area as they become available
- Share in the vision of God’s abundant life for all people
By Fredrick Nzwili Fredrick, a freelance journalist based in Nairobi, Kenya. Originally posted...Read More