Theological Education by Extension College of Southern Africa
The Theological Education by Extension College (TEE College), located in Johannesburg, South Africa, is organized to provide theological education to mainline and independent church ministers in Southern Africa. The school maintains an extensive network of ministers, churches, and denominations across most southern African countries and also trains many lay people.
TEE College has over 3,000 students taking almost 7,000 courses. It has a special place within the educational and church scene in Southern Africa. Established in 1976 as a co-operative ecumenical church project, TEE College was established at a crucial stage of South Africa’s history and supported by seven Christian denominations. TEE College exists to fulfill its mission “to equip anyone anywhere for ministry” and to serve the area churches and students who wish to study theological education by extension.
The College offers a Certificate of Competence in Theology that aims to prepare students to contribute practically in their own lives as Christians and in the life and ministry of their churches.
In addition to the academic aspects of the program, students have the opportunity to take their ministries and make a difference in their communities. The following are examples of projects that TEE students have initiated and been involved with:
- Teen-age boys living in foster care
- Nutrition, life skills, and education support to economically disadvantaged youth
- Addressing basic needs of homeless individuals
- Victims of domestic violence
- Work with prisoners
- An AIDS support group
- Teaching business skills
- Helping the unemployed find jobs
- Visiting an old age home and running errands for the residents
- Rehabilitation from substance abuse
- Creating employment opportunities for women
$25 could pay for books and supplies
$100 could help TEE students carry-out community projects
$200 could help a student pay for schooling
Support this Ministry
To make a gift for this ministry online or by check use the online donation page.
- 100% of your gift will be directed to Theological Education by Extension College of Southern Africa
- You will receive updates on the work in this area as they become available
- Share in the vision of God’s abundant life for all people
The Council of Churches in Sierra Leone (CCSL) and the Catholic Mission in Sierra Leone Celebrates the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
This was originally shared by the Council of Churches in Sierra Leone. The Council of Churches...Read More
A church was attacked in the Democratic Republic of Congo on Sunday, January 15, 2023. According...Read More