Pray for India on Sunday, December 13, 2015
Lectionary Selection: Luke 3:7-18
Prayers for India:
At Christian Hospital Mungeli, we pray to deliver the best to our community. We try to achieve this by providing healthcare that would make the Lord proud. We hope that the work we do is more of a benefit to those we serve than to ourselves. When we refer back to Luke we recall that God wants us to be equals; to share what we have with others, never take more than what is due, and to not request excess. We pray that we can maintain this balance and if we do not currently possess this fully, to have the Lord guide us as a whole to this place.
We pray that the Lord continues to bless Christian Hospital Mungeli making it possible for us to share our gifts with the community. We have been blessed with the ability to share everything from healthcare to education with those around us. Due to the opportunities the Lord has bestowed upon us we have been able to improve the quality of numerous lives. This being said, CHM is forever grateful to the Lord and prays for God’s continued blessings. This will create more possibilities to share God’s gifts to us with others.
Mission Stewardship Moment from India:
The Christian Hospital in Mungeli recently assembled and donated over 150 PET (Personal Energy Transportation) carts. The carts were donated by the PET Mobility project and the shipping was paid for by Disciples of Christ and UCC churches in the Missouri conference.
Worldwide, there is an absolute need for this type of mobility however, in rural India the need is profound. There are many people living with the effects of Polio which was eradicated just five years ago. This is only one of the reasons for the large number of lower extremity disabilities. Unfortunately there are few resources for the impoverished and marginalized citizens of India, therefore many have had no other option than to drag or scoot themselves over the ground for many years. The joy seen on the faces of the recipients truly showed how much of a blessing the carts were, the entire process showed God’s love in action.
It was amazing to see the caring, spirit, and love that brought people together to benefit the lives of so many. The awesome donation provided by PET Mobility project, the gift of the funds by the DOC and UCC of MO, and the hard work of the staff and students a CHM to assemble and dispense the carts. It is not hard to see that the Lord is with us helping us do amazing things for those in and around Mungeli.
Mission Partners in India:
- Center for Interfaith Relations, Study and Joint Action – Peace Trust, Kanyakamuri
- Christian Medical Association of India (CMAI)
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Church of North India (CNI)
- Church of South India (CSI)
- Church’s Auxiliary for Social Action – CASA
- Comprehensive Rural Health Project, Jamkhed
- CREATE (Center for Research Education Action Training and Evaluation)
- Darjeerling Tibetan Refugee Center and Tibetan Children’s Village
- Deep Griha Society, Pune
- Family Village Farm and King’s Matriculation
- Henry Martyn Institute for Research, Interfaith Relations and Reconciliation
- Indian Samaritans, New Delhi
- Lady Doak College
- Pravaham, Vellore
- Student Christian Movement of India
- Tamilnadu Theological Seminary
- United Theological College, Bangalore
More information on India: http://www.globalministries.org/india
Global Ministries Missionary in India:
Nancy Lott Henry serves as a Long-term Volunteer with the Church of North India. Her appointment is supported by appointment is made possible by your gifts to Disciples Mission Fund, Our Churches Wider Mission, and your special gifts.