Pray for India on Sunday, July 21, 2013
Prayers for India
Gracious God, we thank you for blessing India with numerous mission hospitals that provide immediate and loving care to the sick and suffering in this overpopulated nation. Although Christians represent only about 2% of the population, the impact of the Christian medical and educational services is great. The doctors and nurses dress the wound; however, we praise God for the healing.
Dear God, we pray for Christian nurses. Their touch relieves pain and fever, their emergency action saves lives. Be with those in need of healing and those who attend to every patient in need of care. In the midst of unpleasant conditions be with those nurses and patients as they suffer through the labour of birth, or challenges of surgery. Be with those who are dying, and those who keep watch at night when the rest of the world sleeps.
We pray for the student nurses who are preparing for the First and Second Year annual exams. Guide them dear God to earnestly study so that they become well prepared, sincere and devoted in their profession.
In the name of Jesus Christ, The Great Physician, we offer this prayer
Mission Stewardship Moment from India
In the belief that all persons, especially the poor and marginalized, deserve competent, compassionate and up to date health service, the Christian Hospital Mungeli welcomes those who cannot afford the more expensive options. Mission-trained nurse-midwives working in all different types of health care are in great demand because they are capable, reliable and willing to go that extra mile for the welfare of the patient.
The hospitals new School of Nursing, started in 2011, prepares nurses who are skilled, proficient, and offer care in the spirit of Christian love to every class and creed. The first and second year students are about to appear for their annual board examinations. Most students come from villages and find it difficult to meet expenses; however, the hospital offers scholarships to deserving candidates.
Thanks to your support of Global Ministries, scholarships paved the way for three women to advance from nurse to faculty as B.Sc. Tutor and a M.Sc. Principal for a sister nursing school in desperate need of faculty.
What a joy to teach and fellowship with these enthusiastic students. Their bright smiles, eager greetings, and interest in working hard to do their best, are so heart-warming. Their jubilant singing brings life into the hospital chapel each morning. I praise God for this amazing experience!
Mission Partners in India:
- All India Association for Christian Higher Education – AIACHE
- Arulagam “House of Grace”
- Center for Interfaith Relations, Study and Joint Action – Peace Trust, Kanyakamuri
- Church of North India (CNI)
- Church of South India (CSI)
- Church’s Auxiliary for Social Action – CASA
- Comprehensive Rural Health Project, Jamkhed
- CREATE (Center for Research Education Action Training and Evaluation)
- Darjeerling Tibetan Refugee Center and Tibetan Children’s Village
- Deep Griha Society, Pune
- Family Village Farm and King’s Matriculation
- Henry Martyn Institute for Research, Interfaith Relations and Reconciliation
- Inba Ilam, Madurai and Sivaganga Districts
- Jivana Jyoti Interchurch Service Agency
- Lady Doak College
- Nagpada Neighborhood House
- Nasrapur Spiritual Life Center
- Raipur Christian Retreat and Study Center
- Tamilnadu Theological Seminary
- Unemployed Young People’s Association
- United Theological College, Bangalore
- Voluntary Health Association of India
- Women’s Christian College (WCC), Chennai
More information on India:
Global Ministries Missionary in India:
Nancy Lott Henry, a member of Avon Lake United Church of Christ, Avon Lake, Ohio, serves the Church of North India. She is teaching and preparing nurses for hospitals.