Sabeel Wave of Prayer: Week of Oct. 10, 2022
Kumi Now on Tuesday, 11th October focussed on mental health.
· Dear Lord, we pray for all those in Palestine and around the world who are afflicted by the pain of poor mental health. We pray that you give them comfort and strength to deal with their conditions and guide the hands of those professionals who seek to help them. Lord, in your mercy…hear our prayers.
Thirty Palestinian administrative detainees in the Israeli occupation prisons are still on an open-ended hunger strike for the 15th day in protest of their unfair detention without charges or trial. There are currently around 650 Palestinians under administrative detention in Israeli military prisons.
· God of the oppressed, we pray for all of those held in administrative detention. We pray especially for those on hunger strike or suffering from illness for whom there is little support inside the prisons. May the international community hear and act on their cries for justice. Lord, in your mercy…hear our prayers.
Church leaders in the UK, the Archbishop of Canterbury, Rev. Justin Welby (Anglican) and the Archbishop of Westminster, Cardinal Vincent Nichols (Roman Catholic), have spoken out against the plans of new UK Prime Minister Liz Truss to review moving the British Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
· Gracious God, we are thankful for these two heads of churches in the UK who have stood up for what is right. May their strong words ring inside the walls of power in the UK and cause a rethink in the plans of this government. Lord, in your mercy…hear our prayers.
The Israeli Defence Ministry have agreed to pay half a million shekels to the family of Omar As’ad, a 78-year-old Palestinian man who suffered a heart attack after being bound and gagged by Israeli occupation forces. In exchange for the compensation the family of Omar have agreed to drop charges against the Israeli Defence Ministry.
· Lord, we continue to pray for the family of Omar as they continue to mourn their loss. We pray that the Israeli Defence Ministry will hold those responsible to account rather than considering the matter closed with the payment of this compensation. Lord, in your mercy…hear our prayers.
Churches across Palestine have been celebrating the harvest festival.
· Lord of the harvest, as churches around Palestine come together to celebrate the bountiful gifts of earth, we pray for the coming Olive harvest, may it be bountiful and free from interference by settlers or Israeli occupation forces. Lord, in your mercy…hear our prayers.
· We join with the World Council of Churches in their prayers for the countries of Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Panama