WCC prayer cycle: the Arab Gulf states
Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen, Iran, Iraq
January 5-11, 2014
Give thanks for:
- Christians who practise their faith in countries where they are a small minority; those who meet in house churches and those who provide links to Christians worldwide.
- Muslims who live up to the ideals of their faith and advocate tolerance and peace.
- Those who work for democracy and human rights.
- The graceful architecture of minarets and the sounds of the oud.
- The preservation of the art of these ancient cultures.
- Peaceful relationships between different tribes, religions and ethnic groups.
- Those who come from other countries to work, and are separated from their families.
- Clean water for those who thirst in the desert.
- Women, who have far fewer opportunities for education and employment than do men.
- Those who are persecuted for their faith.
- Healing for wounded bodies and crushed spirits caused by conflict and strife.
- Muslims who make the pilgrimage to Mecca, that they might be safe during their devotion.
- The grieving, the families torn apart, the homes destroyed, the businesses no longer functioning.
- An end to terrorism, lawlessness, and state oppression.
- International peace-keepers and monitors of treaty obligations.
You, Lord of all, we confess;
You, Lord Jesus, we glorify;
For you are the life of our bodies
And you are the Saviour of our souls.