“…so that we may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith, both yours and mine.” –Romans 1:12
During the Southern Asia Initiative, we are focusing on 4 issues from the region: climate change, rights of religious minorities, human trafficking, and Dalit human rights. The video bible study below offers a brief look at human trafficking in the region and how partners are responding. We encourage you to use the videos and accompanying discussion questions to begin your exploration of these issues.
Watch the video, then read the scripture below and reflect on how this applies to the video. Finally, answer the reflection questions below.
“Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.” Romans 12:10
- What do you know about the issue of human trafficking?
- Why do you think GMIT has become involved in this issue? Why would this matter to the church?
- What are some actions you can take to help eliminate human trafficking?
For further reading on this issue please use our advocacy Contexto on human trafficking.
- GMIT House of Hope provides a safe haven and assistance for victims of human trafficking in Indonesia
- The Diocese of Durgapur of the Church of North India provides after school care and a home for children who are from challenging circumstances and vulnerable to human trafficking
Other Video Bible Studies in the series: