Caribbean Initiative Giving Opportunities
After decades of conflict and war, Colombia is starting to see glimpses of peace. With the recent Colombian peace accords, violence between the FARC rebel group and the Colombian government has come to a halt and the disarmament process has begun. The country is now beginning the process of healing and reconciliation. Partners in Colombia are working to facilitate this process as they also continue to advocate for peace.
- CEDECOL – Council of Evangelical Churches of Colombia
- Justapaz – The Christian Centre for Justice, Peace and Nonviolent Action
In recent years, former U.S. President Barack Obama eased the Cuban embargo. While the relationship between the U.S. and Cuba is still a bit shaky, this easement created new opportunities for relationships with Cuban sisters and brothers. Global Ministries has maintained partnerships before and throughout the embargo and is excited about opportunities to engage more deeply with Cuban partners.
- CIC – Cuban Council of Churches
- CMMLK – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Center
- Evangelical Seminary of Theology
- ICPC – Christian Pentecostal Church of Cuba
In 2013, the Dominican government created a policy that would deport any undocumented immigrant who arrived after 1929 and their descendants. Deportations began in 2015, mostly affecting persons of Haitian descent. Many of the affected persons have never lived in any other nation and hold no other citizenship. This complex issue has created camps of stateless people living on the Dominican-Haitian border. Partners in the Dominican Republic are working to aid these stateless people and are advocating on behalf of human rights. Additionally, partners are providing opportunities for education, vocational training, and psychological support for individuals and families in the Dominican Republic.
Support this Ministry
To make a gift for this ministry online or by check use the online donation page.
- 100% of your gift will be directed to Caribbean Initiative Giving Opportunities
- You will receive updates on the work in this area as they become available
- Share in the vision of God’s abundant life for all people
Human trafficking, or trafficking in persons, is one of the world's largest organized criminal...Read More
Joint Interfaith Statement on the Entry into Force of the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons
PDF Version As a wide coalition of faith-based communities from around the world, we speak with one...Read More