The Caribbean Initiative
The Global Ministries Caribbean Initiative invites the whole church to witness together with the Caribbean region through education, advocacy, and support of our partners for the next eighteen months. Partner churches and organizations in Cuba, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, and Colombia, bring incredible gifts in their strong testimonies, as they receive and share the Good News of Jesus Christ. They provide us with a broader understanding of the many ways in which God is seen at work in the world and challenge us to expand our vision of the Church. Our hope and prayer is that through many and varied experiences, we will better understand the issues, priorities, successes, and struggles of sisters and brothers in the Caribbean and, in turn, be challenged to understand ourselves, our world, and our faith anew.
During this initiative, members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and the United Church of Christ celebrate relationships with the Caribbean through a variety of resources for your congregation including Bible studies, music, liturgical materials, special giving opportunities, People-to-People Pilgrimages, videos, children´s resources, and more. Additionally, there will be tools to address some of the universal challenges of the region: migration and human trafficking; the quest for peace; sustainable development in the face of climate change; and the churches’ witness for just economic policies that encourage the flourishing of life.
Join the Global Ministries Caribbean Initiative today and Embrace the Spirit!
- Praying and Encountering God with the Powers of the World – Jamaica
- Pulling Up the Nets: The Caribbean Initiative – Introduction
- Walking Towards Reconciliation: Leaving Behind Resentment – Colombia
- Justice in the Colombian Context: Our Hope – Colombia
- Go Out in the Name of the Lord – Dominican Republic
- I was a Stranger and You Welcomed Me – Puerto Rico
- Jacob The Threefold Migrant – Puerto Rico
- Webinar – The Current Situation in Venezuela
- Testimonio: Telling the Story of the Accompaniment and Solidarity in Latin America and the Caribbean Through 2018
- Caribbean Initiative Webinars
- Embrace the Fruits of the Spirit – VBS curriculum
- Human Trafficking in Haiti Advocacy Backgrounder
- Cambia, Todo Cambia (Changes, Everything Changes)
- PBS video features Juan Rosario of AMANESER 2025
- Peace and Justice in Colombia Advocacy Backgrounder
- One year later: an update from Ryder Hospital after Hurricane Maria
- Crossing over to the other side: a testimony of the Evangelical Seminary of Puerto Rico