Global Ideas for VBS, Camps, and other Summer Activities with Children and Youth
Global Ministries works in collaboration with global partners to provide food, healthcare, clothing, and in some cases housing, school fees, uniforms, books and training, and livelihood opportunities to many children in Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East and Europe. Below are five global partners who are providing life-giving ministries for children and youth that you can support as a way to engage and participate in God’s global mission.
All financial gifts for projects are sent in their entirety for the designated purpose to our global partners. No administrative fees are taken from gifts to Global Ministries because of the faithful giving from our churches to Our Church’s Wider Mission and the Disciples Mission Fund.
Financial gifts are the most helpful way to assist global partner churches and programs for youth, because financial gifts allow the partners to purchase what they need most, and shipping materials are often costly and problematic for receiving. However, a few partners are able to accept material shipments. If you are interested in collecting and sending materials to global partners working with children, find out more here.
- Girls Empowerment Clubs of the EP Church in Ghana: The overall goal of this project is to empower girls and reduce gender-based violence. The project is now in six schools across three regions, and over 300 girls benefit directly from the club
Philippines (East Asia and the Pacific)
- Dumaguete Kalauman Center for Development: A community-based program serving children who live with their parents or other close relatives. The program’s activities encourage children to grow as a whole person: mentally, physically, socially and spiritually.
Dominican Republic (Latin America and the Caribbean)
- Caminante: Caminante is a project is providing a safe space where hundreds of youth and their families will receive counseling and participate in recreational and formation programs. Additionally, in coordination with local government and non-governmental agencies, victims of sexual abuse and exploitation are receiving special attention and services.
Lebanon (Middle East and Europe)
- Sunday School Leaders Training: These trainings offered by the Fellowship of Middle East Evangelical Churches (FMEEC) aim to train and equip teachers and leaders with up-to-date skills, form leaders who can lead children’s ministries, and strengthen networks between teachers.
India (Southern Asia)
- The Family Village Farm (FVF): FVF was founded in 1969 for orphans and the elderly in Kasam. The children are from difficult circumstances, some having no parents or one parent who is not able to support them. There are ten to twelve children, a mother, and grandparents living in each cottage in a family-type group. This is a life-giving ministry for children, but it also provides a home for elderly adults. Family Village Farm is part of the Global Ministries Child & Elder Sponsorship program.
Child & Elder Sponsorship
- The Global Ministries Child & Elder Sponsorship Program is the place to get connected! You can participate in sponsoring a child – a project that will last all year long.
These are five examples of priority projects within each geographical area of Global Ministries, additional projects with children can be found here.
To request materials or for additional information, call the Office of Resource Development at (317) 713-2571 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gifts from Vacation Bible School and Summer Camps should indicate which project or partner they are supporting and made online or sent by check to Global Ministries.